Friday, 27 August 2010

3 go to Paris...

A promised retirement treat - a short trip to Paris for me and my friend and her daughter, doing the 'touristique' things that I've never done before: going up to the second stage of the Tour d'Eiffel (queueing for 2 hrs), a round trip on the BatoBus (hop-on, hop-off) and on the funicular at Montmartre. Fantastic if tiring, I've just slept for hours on returning. 
Trying to get the Eiffel Tower coming out of
Aisling's head, I was also able to nestle
the Arc du Triomphe du Carrousel
onto Mandy's, like a hat!

Le Café des Deux Moulins, 15 Rue Lépic

Chartier: ghostly image on a table cloth
Having missed the Eurostar by 5 minutes in London (floods delayed trains from Brighton) we were rescheduled, and arrived at 4pm or so. The hotel had no hot water so we were upgraded to a 3*. On our way back down from Montmartre via Rue Lépic, we stumbled upon a little café that looked like it had nice steak-frites, so went in, only to find that it is the café featured in the film Amèlie, and a 'must-see' for tourists! Tuesday evening we ate in the Parisian institution Restaurant Chartier, which I first visited in 1982 (I think)- lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment