Saturday, 13 February 2010

It's been a very busy week...


 This lovely sunset is at Barcombe, a small village in the Sussex countryside, and although purples & blues don't tend to come out particularly well on camera sometimes, I think the gradation of the sky here is lovely. No cloud of course! Barcombe was where I got into French dancing first in about 1987. Rosbif rehearsed in the Royal Oak there every month, and we danced to the most fantastic music I'd ever heard. 
And it's still happening, the dancers below are doing a bourrée, at the music session we now run in Brighton, which sort-of replicates the rehearsals... any musician can come along to learn tunes, and we get to practise dances too. The musicians include Mel, a founder member of Rosbif, here seen playing a Gascon instrument he's made...


The rest of my week has been spent working!! I can't believe it, it was a bit of a relief to get back behind the computer, and to be involved in meetings... but it must not become a big habit again, otherwise, why bother to have retired?
I spent over four hours finding the right mobile phone to replace the work one, and am getting my head around working it...
Still, the clouds have been good, because we have had snow again... this one in London's Trafalgar Square is spectacular Stratocumulus I think, because of the grey underneath. We had received a good dousing of snow in Sussex, but nothing in London - 80 km north - and also it was quite warm there. A contrast with the little fossil on my garden table earlier that day...

No comments:

Post a Comment